Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the Deep End & Can't Swim

Learning a new job while training someone else is trial by fire. I am a lousy teacher because I need to do what I'm teaching first; then have the student do it. Because I'm used to doing the job it's a lot like looking into a mirror & trying to cut the the back of my hair everything feels reversed & the harder I try the more disoriented I become. I'm sure if I taught more often it wouldn't seem so difficult.
The job I'm learning is a roller coaster & as soon as I start feeling I'm getting a handle on it; the rug gets pulled out from under me. The PC application is also not working properly adding to the stress, this makes me so appreciate things that Work. I also find I can only learn so much at a given time & the 10th hour isn't a good time to address a new part of the job.I realize the more I do it it will be easier, until then I will continue to BREATHE & run the stairs to decompress & cry if I need to release more built up toxic energy. Of course there is a reason why this timing of the perfect storm is happening now. I'm just too close to see why right now. Working 11 hour days are certainly taking their toll even on 8 hours of sleep. Hopefully the new job will start to filter in & start to gel :). I know I can do this! Patience with self is a big lesson for me. I just keep telling myself "I Love You Kerry"